Saturday, August 28, 2010

A new feeling, A new hope, A new destiny.

Wooo.
It's been so long that I have not blogged but now I think I should and here am I once again but this time I am not one the same computer from which I used to blog, I am not on the same chair where I used to sit, I am not in the same house where I used to live and not even in the same country when I was born. This time, I am in United States Of America. Isn't it cool? Oh Yes, it actually is. I already understood what a cool feeling actually is. And with a new country, we have a new desire, a new feeling, a new hope and a new destiny. It's been almost a Month I have left my Motherland and the people who raised me up and made me understand the differences between bad and good. Till now, Life has passed in just a wink.Anyway, here's the summary of the life that I had lived for about a month.

It was the same morning as usual when I left Pakistan and headed towards my new journey towards USA. Checked in and entered the plane, I still did not have a feeling that I am about to fly in the air for the first time and am leaving my country. Just in no time, the plane took off and landed at the DUBAI Airport. I still did not feel anything special, maybe because I was with 72 other Pakistani kids with me who were also in search of their destinations. We all had the same feeling and I was still the same. After 8 hours of Transit at the Airport, we checked in and got in the Plane that was going to drop us at our destination after a long journey of 13 and a half hours. After a long wait, at last the journey ended. We entered USA. Wooow, I was actually in the Country of my dreams. Like I wanted to be in that country like anything. I just wanted to see the big buildings for which you have to raise your head high and the people of that Country who had made the country's name so high. After Entering the United States Of America, the first hope I had was that I am going to meet the President Barack Obama during this Year, I am still positive and if God wants I'll meet that person who had struggled so hard for USA and has had done so many good things for my Country :)
We were still at the Airport and then had to go for some paper work. Like everyone, I waited for my name to be called and do the paper work and step out to see the color of sky in USA. But it feels so teasing when the officer calls you and instead of helping you she talks to her friend about her Multi-colored Nail Polish and the Circus that was cancelled and will be held somewhere else now. I was just standing, smiling and staring at her to do the paperwork and let me go. After waiting for like 30 minutes, she finally freed me and Now I was allowed to go. I hurriedly took my luggage and headed towards the exit door. There were some Cultural Advisors waiting for all of us to get out of there. Everyone gathered at a single Place and then we proceeded towards the Main Exit Gate. It was the time I had been waiting for since so many months. I was standing right under the sky of USA but still there was no any feeling of being in a new country and being between new people, Hahaha! Strange but true.
Went to the American University, Had the best time of my life. I got to know a person very well, with whom I spent my 3 days so closely :). YES, Falak Sher Marri that was you. He seemed to be more than a brother to me. Attended the conferences, did small workshops and then the best part which was the Cultural Night. Everyone dressed up in their country's national Dress and So did I. Performed our traditional dance and stuff and it felt so inspiring and made me so proud because there were almost 400 People watching us and getting to know about what PAKISTAN is like :). We did our best to make Pakistan proud of us. It was the last night at the American University and now I started to have feeling of moving to my destination finally. I started being nervous. Hanged out with the friends during the night. Didn't even want to sleep. But then the clock struck 4.30 and it was time for me to leave the Premisis of American University. It was hard but finally rode in the bus and went to the Airport. I was so freaking sleepy. Didn't talk to anyone much but had a feeling of going to a new place where no one knows me and with a hope that I have to make them know me. I was all on my own from here. The plane landed and I was in North Carolina. Took the luggage and didn't find anyone, wandered here and there to see if my name was written somewhere on the Chart and if someone was waiting for me. After 20 minutes, Maria's(Girl from Pakistan) host family appeared and I thanked God because I didn't want to get lost somewhere and this time I knew that I am not in Pakistan. My host Dad could not come to pick me up because he was stuck somewhere in the meeting. I spent my first night at Maria's house and Ron(My Host Dad) came to pick me up on the second day. After meeting him, I swear I didn't feel like he's a complete stranger to me who has opened his door for me to come and experience this new journey. Till now, He has turned out to be such an Awesome Person. Though, he's a teacher and he is a great Person.
This month is passing by so fast and by the grace of God, I am not homesick. I am trying to be into American culture without forgetting that I am a Muslim and just trying to make people love me, love a Pakistani, love a Muslim. My journey has just started and I am already loving it. I hope for the Best year ever and that People come to know about me and let me be part of their lives. And after a few years, while sitting in their Garden, having a cup of coffee, they might remember a Pakistani Kid who came and somehow made them feel good just for a moment and they might say three words which will mean more than anything to me and that are "God Bless Him".


This was all about me, I tried to precise the things but even then it turned out to be a very long Post.
Regards,
Shahzeb Memon [Pakistan]

7 comments:

  1. loved it kiddo....

    there r very few people in this world who can actually jolt down of what they experience. Fortunately your one of them ;)

    proud of ya dear ...

    keep ryting

    good luk

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Know what ..I had butterflies in my stomach to hear the Journey ..
    I Like such posts and letters which reflect the image of Abroad ..
    I've letters of My mom that she wrote while were in Qatar And they are like alot valuable assets for me .. That i like perusing alot at times when i intend to fly in the aeroplane .. !

    You know what Your Blog can be more impressive if you add some pictures relevant to it !
    Besides , I was like You ..I was imagining things SERIOUSLY ...And this imagination is more like you'r actually there ..
    Maria's host family .. that expressions on the face .. Feeling the blue sky after a whole day .. Greenery everywhere ..Clean Streets .. People walking around whom we dont know ..But we intend to know ..That what people are you in the corner of the world .. What are your habits ..Ambitions ..Destinations ..Culture .. Way of life ..I can feel it ..
    And i regret that i feel it !:(
    Because then a dream comes up with wings to find its way !

    sigh *

    btw I even can feel that feeling when you'd have firstly entered the plane waiting for it to take off .. and feel how it feels .. Its like you'r having Gud Gudee in the stomach .. ritE ?:P

    Btw You've got 9 more months ..This is the incipent of the journey .. !
    And yea that God Bless him part was awesome
    Haha it's like a post i've written in a comment ..
    Kher Adieu !
    Good Luck !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading Nomi. Your comments are appreciated:)

    And Shahan: Haha, I seriously tried to precise everything. I'd have easily written 4 documents of MS WORD about my about the experience so far but didn't want the readers to take out much of their time =]
    Anyway , Thank you ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shahzeb, I am a friend of Ron's and would like to follow your blog! You are a great writer! I know that you will have a wonderful journey!
    sandee wheeler

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sandee :)
    I hope I make the most of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your writing is great for us readers, and you will always be so happy to have written it. I know that through most of the significant times in my life, I've discovered that I forget so much of what I think is imprinted in my brain forever. Love the journal so far!!

    ReplyDelete